Are you someone who likes to respond to messages quickly through a fun and easy way with the help of emojis? If you were using WhatsApp, then you would’ve definitely missed this feature when it is present in most of the social media and messaging tools. Worry no more! Meta got you covered with the recent update introducing WhatsApp reactions!
How to add WhatsApp emoji reactions
Here is how to react to individual messages or group chats on WhatsApp using different platforms:
Android and iOS
- Long press on the message. Select a reaction.
- To change the reaction, long press on the reacted message and tap a new reaction.
- To remove the reaction, long press on the reacted media and tap the selected reaction.
WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp desktop
- Hover over the message and click the emoji icon at the side or choose React to message after clicking the down arrow icon, and select a reaction. For media messages, you can also react by choosing the emoji icon at the top-right after clicking the media to open in full-screen.
- To change the reaction, do the above step and select a new reaction.
- To remove the reaction, do the first step and select the emoji you reacted.
In all the platforms, another way to remove your reaction is by tapping the reaction icon and choosing Tap to remove or Click to remove. You can view all the reactions of your friends in group messages by selecting the reaction icon at the bottom of the message.
Once you add a reaction, the sender would receive a notification based on their setting. You can stop receiving notifications if someone reacts to your messages by doing the following:
- Tap the three dots at the top-right and select Settings.
- Tap Notifications > Toggle off the Reaction Notifications under Messages or Groups based on your preference.
- Go to Settings and select Notifications.
- Toggle off the Reaction Notifications under MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS or GROUP NOTIFICATIONS.
You can add only reaction per message and it isn’t possible to hide the reactions. Happy reacting!