If you have a Facebook account and post a lot of public information and photos, chances are that you would be worried about everyone seeing your profile. Facebook has rolled out a new safety feature in India to lock your Facebook profile. When you lock your account, there are several privacy options enabled by default in one-click. Also, people you aren’t friends with can’t:
- See photos and posts on your profile.
- Click on your profile picture or cover photo to make it bigger.
- See your stories.
- See full About info.
How do I lock my Facebook profile
Wondering how to lock your Facebook profile. Here it is:
- Open your Facebook Android app. Tap the hamburger menu at the top-right and then go to your profile.
- Once you are on your profile page, go to Profile Settings by tapping three dots above the About Info section > Lock Profile.
- You can get answers to all your questions in detail by tapping Learn More in Help Center and then go back to confirm by tapping Lock Your Profile.
Once your profile is locked, you will see a blue locked badge on your profile. The following privacy options are enabled:
- All the posts you’ve shared earlier in Public and your future posts will be set to Friends.
- Timeline and tag review will be turned on.
How do I unlock my locked Facebook profile
In case you change your mind in the future, you can unlock your Facebook profile easily:
- From your profile, tap Your Profile is Locked.
- Tap Unlock > Confirm Unlock your Profile > OK
After you unlock your profile, all the privacy settings will go back to the previous settings before locking. If you aren’t in India and Lock Profile isn’t available to you, you can still secure your account in several ways as mentioned in this help article.
The Lock Profile option is not available on the web version or iPhone app. It is available only on Facebook for Android, Facebook Lite for Android. However, web or iPhone users can use the mobile website to lock your profile.
If you feel this is overkill for you, you can turn on profile picture guard.