Do you feel boring to search for people you want to connect on Twitter, Instagram, or WhatsApp? Or, do you want to promote your account to someone easily? Step into the world of QR codes. Scan and get connected! Let’s see how to do it in each of the above apps.
How to add people on Twitter through QR code
Twitter embeds your profile image at the center of a colored QR code. To follow someone on Twitter through QR code:
- Tap the “hamburger menu” at the top-right of your Twitter app and then the “QR code” icon at the bottom.
- Your Twitter QR code will be displayed. Tap the “share” icon at the top-right to Save to your gallery or Share via… other apps.
- Tap the “code scanner” icon at the bottom and point the camera to the QR code of whom you want to connect with.
- You can also choose a code from your gallery by swiping left and tapping the “photo” icon at the top-right.
- Once you’ve scanned, you will be displayed a short preview of that profile. You can directly tap the Follow button from here or select Show full profile option.
- If you have other codes to scan, tap Scan another code.
You can also go to the QR code page by tapping the hamburger menu > Profile > Three dots at the top-right > QR code.
- Tap your profile at the top menu > QR code icon at the bottom right.
- Here, you can scan the QR code. Tap the “share” icon to Save photo, Tweet photo, or Share via other apps.
- To select a QR code from your gallery, swipe left and tap the “photo icon” at the top-right.
In case you change your username, your QR code will change completely and your previous code will be invalid.
Bonus Twitter tips
- Do you know that you can use Twitter’s QR code scanner for scanning external QR codes?
- Do you know that you can save Tweets as drafts and even schedule them to send at a later time?
How to add people on Instagram through Nametag
Instagram calls its version of QR codes as Nametag. Here is how to connect with Instagram accounts on Android or iOS:
- Once you’re in the Instagram app, go to your “profile”.
- Tap the hamburger menu > Nametag.
- You can see your account’s nametag. You can choose from Color, Emoji, and Selfie. You can customize any of these modes by tapping anywhere on the screen.
- You can share your nametag by tapping the “share” icon at the top-right.
- To scan a nametag, choose Scan a nametag option at the bottom.
- Point your camera towards the account’s nametag you would like to view or you can choose one from your gallery by tapping the “photo icon” at the top-right.
- Once you scan the nametag, it will display the profile and you can select View Profile to know more.
How to add people on WhatsApp through QR code
WhatsApp recently introduced the QR code option for easily connecting with people. Let’s see how:
- Tap “three dots” at the top-right > Settings.
- Tap the “QR code” icon. This is your QR code. You can tap the share icon to save to your gallery or send it to your friends.
- To scan other people’s code, tap SCAN CODE. Once you’ve scanned the QR code, tap ADD. You can also use the flash icon at the bottom right.
- To scan QR code from the gallery, tap the “media” icon at the bottom-left.
There are also other ways to scan QR codes on Android:
- Once you open WhatsApp, you can scan codes by tapping the “camera” icon or by swiping right. Another way is to tap the “New Chat” icon at the bottom-right and then the “QR code” icon.
- If you’re in a chat, tap the “camera” icon and you can directly scan QR code or use a gallery’s image.
- Go to Settings > “QR code” icon.
- To save your code, tap the “Share” icon.
- To scan your friend’s code, tap Scan > OK > Add to Contacts.
- To scan a code from your gallery, tap the “photos” icon.
Like Android, there are also other ways to scan QR codes on iOS:
- Once you open WhatsApp, you can scan codes by tapping Camera or swiping right. Another way is to tap New Chat > New Contact > Add via QR code.
- If you’re in a chat, tap the “camera” icon and you can scan QR code or use a gallery’s image using “photos” icon.
To make your WhatsApp QR code invalid, you can tap Reset QR code > Reset > OK in the QR code settings.
In case you’re using WhatsApp Business, you can add a pre-populated message to your QR code. Head over to this help article to know in detail.
Bonus WhatsApp tip: Save WhatsApp Statuses of your friends without asking them.